I moved to Palo Alto on June 13, 2004 — my 24th birthday and the day before I started at Yahoo!. I’ve been living in San Francisco since June 2005, first in Russian Hill with Damon and Eugene and on my own in the Marina since June 2006. And, now I’m moving back to LA (more on that later).
It took me 2.5 years of living on a mattress on the floor before I actually got any furniture up here. And now, I’m selling it all on Craigslist:
- Colorful IKEA Area Rug – $25
- IKEA Vitten Rug – $110
- 2 IKEA Snille Visitor Chairs – $25
- 2 IKEA Table Lamps – $15
- IKEA Malm 6 Drawer Chest (Long) – $110
- IKEA Malm 6 Drawer Chest (Tall) – $90
- IKEA Vika Amon Table/Desk – $25
- IKEA Ramberg Bedside Table – $12
- IKEA Hopen Queen Bed Frame – $150
- IKEA Tullsta Arm Chair – $40
- IKEA Glass-Top Rolling Coffee Table – $60
- Simmons Beautyrest Carmel Firm Queen Mattress – $200
It’s interesting to see the bulk of one’s material possessions all listed like that (and, yes, the bulk of my material possessions come from IKEA). I look forward to owning a lot less crap very soon.
And if you’re in San Francisco, come kiss my ass goodbye on December 6! 😉