These are my Delicious links for October 31st through November 4th:
- Twitter Technology Blog: We Got Data – Summary of APIs by which one can access data from Twitter: REST API; Search API; Data Mining Feed; Pinging Service (Gnip); Firehose.
- Wonkette: The D.C. Gossip » Blog Archive » San Francisco Voters’ Last Chance To Rename Poop Factory After George W. Bush – This is both hilarious, and one more indictment of California's FUBAR proposition system. Proposition R is a San Francisco ballot measure to rename the Oceanside Water Pollution Control Plant to the George W. Bush Sewage Plant. The argument for is obvious, but the argument against – that this would be an insult to the facility and the people who work there – is pretty compelling.
- follow cost: Is that Twitter celebrity worth the pain? – Calculates the relative cost/annoyance of following an individual user on Twitter. The unit of measure for Twitter annoyance is miliscobles.
- BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | E-mail error ends up on road sign – The Swansea council needed a Welsh translation for a street sign, but unfortunately the translator was out of the office.
- YouTube Blog – YouTube now supports deep linking to a specific time within a video. For example, appending #t=1m15s to the end of the video URL would take you to the video and start it at the 1:15 mark.