These are my Delicious links for March 2nd through March 4th:
- THRU YOU | Kutiman mixes YouTube – Unbelievable remixes of music samples from various YouTube videos into really great songs and fascinating videos. This is the poster-project for Remix culture! (hope someone sends it to Lessig)
- Good design: The ten commandments of Dieter Rams – A great collection of rules on how to design products. While originally meant for physical products (industrial design), I think many of the rules still apply to online products and web design. Some of my favorites:
– Good design makes a product useful
– Good design helps a product to be understood
– Good design is unobtrusive
– *Good design is thorough to the last detail*
– Good design is as little as possible
And some quotes:
"The aesthetic quality of a product – and the fascination it inspires – is an integral part of the its utility."
"Things which are different in order to simply be different are seldom better, but that which is made to be better is almost always different."
(And on a personal note, my late grandma had Rams's Cylindric T2 lighter in her apartment when I was a kid and I always got in trouble for playing with it, but its design fascinated me.)